Wednesday, July 15, 2015

BAKING: Brown Butter Salted Caramel Popcorn Cupcakes

Hi All,

There are a few things you should know about me. The first is, I read a LOT. Like, so much I have and will continue to forgo grocery shopping from time to time because I'm spending my money on books (most likely romance novels).
Hey, I'm on a graduate student budget!

I could also live off of popcorn and chocolate, with some vitamins thrown in to avoid scurvy.
Seriously, I *love* popcorn, and will absolutely go to the movies, eat popcorn for dinner and refill my bag before I leave the theater.
It's shameless, really.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/oneaminsomniac/how-many-movies-did-you-see-in-2013-110m2

So when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I had to add it to my "Every Once in a While Eats" board, knowing I would make these delicious cupcakes soon.

Less than a week later...

Popcorn/cupcake chaos

...I had about two dozen of them, about five of which are currently in my freezer, waiting for me to thaw and *nom*.


Full credit to Connie over at Urban Bakes, who created this delicious recipe. Now, my pictures aren't as pretty as the ones she took... seriously, she's that good... but these cupcakes are scrumptious, even if you aren't a pro baker.

I'd advise extra care when making the browned butter caramel, since that bit of the recipe is trickier than the rest! Otherwise, the recipe really is a breeze.

This is a cupcake for someone who likes the combination of sweet and salty--you know who you are, throwing M and Ms into popcorn, dipping french fries into frosties.
I do all of those things, thus these cupcakes are perfect.


Here is the link to the original recipe, complete with the pretty, pretty pictures.
Food bloggers: how do you find such cute baking accessories, making your kitchens so ridiculously whimsical?
Tell me your secret. 

XO,
Sammie Stone

Also, I'm looking for a Sorting Hat cupcake recipe. If anyone sees one, you know who to send it to ;)

2 comments:

  1. My boys add marshmallows to popcorn too! The cupcakes do look delicious. I just might have to bake them for a Sunday treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I highly recommend the recipe, but you may want to add an extra egg-- I liked the cupcakes as is, but my mom and bf both found them to be a bit dry.

    ReplyDelete